How to use BOBJ Server Groups when 360Eyes is installed in a clustered BOBJ environment
This applies only if 360Eyes is installed on the BOBJ server and if running the 360Eyes jobs is done via the CMS or the BI Launchpad.
Typically, when installing 360Eyes within a BOBJ clustered environment, each member of the cluster needs to have the Adaptive Job Server enabled and started, in order to successfully run the 360Eyes jobs.
In this case, the 360Eyes folder set up at installation time and all its content MUST be copied to all cluster members.
In the case not all node members contain the 360Eyes folder, when running the 360Eyes jobs, you will be presented with the following error:
This is due to the job not having access to the required dependencies (i.e. 360Eyes.key, 360eyes.param file, libs, tools) contained in the 360Eyes folder.
The only downside of this approach is the high maintenance. When you update 360Eyes, you will need to replace the 360Eyes folder on the cluster members with the updated 360Eyes folder.
Note: this will have no impact on the BOBJ installation, it is only for 360Eyes.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.2
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.3
- In the CMC, go to Servers > Server Groups and create a Create Server Group:
- Provide a name for this new Server Group, then click OK:
- Once created, right-click on it > Add Members:
- Move to the right the AdaptiveJobServer that corresponds to the node where you have set up 360Eyes.
- Click OK.
- Make sure this new Server Group is Enabled and Running:
- Go to All Folders > 360eyes jobs, and for all the jobs you will be running, right-click > Default Settings:
- Click on Scheduling Server Group > Under Only user servers in the selected group, select the Server Group you created:
- Save and Close.
- You can now run the 360Eyes jobs.
cluster, Business Objects, distributed
Product or Product version
Last updated almost 2 years ago