Best Practices for Using 360Bind Legacy for Regression Testing
Things to do and be aware of before running 360Bind tasks.
- 360Bind Legacy
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.2
1) Considerations before running 360Bind tasks:
1. Get information to Schedule Reports in 360Bind:
- Running 360Bind jobs involves scheduling reports. If reports have Prompts you will need to know what values to enter into the prompts. List of values are not available in 360Bind. Get information on scheduled reports so you know what values to provide in the prompts. If possible, export data from 360Eyes.
2. Create projects and decide on how to organize tests:
- This is the view of 360Bind with multiple Comparison and Bind Exports Tasks:
- This view can be confusing if you have multiple testers and everyone is using the same Project.
- You can distinguish and filter by Comparison Jobs and Bind Jobs, but not by user who ran them. The user isn’t visible unless you open the task.
- In the top right, there is a Project drop-down list. If you have created multiple Projects, you can filter on Projects. This works well if you create Projects by Tester and assign permissions to those projects only to one user/tester.
2) Considerations when running 360Bind tasks:
Testers can create categories for grouping reports. When you are scheduling a Comparison job, the list provided doesn’t have distinguishing information, separating these tasks with categories helps with grouping. Below is a view of what you will see in the category list. There may be 10 or 2 to select from:
2. When creating an export task, there is an option for changing the description that appears. “Default description” is checked by default:
Unchecking shows this:
Click on the double arrows, you will see what each option displays:
If multiple testers are using the same category it might be helpful to add the testers name, for example: SarahL - %C - %B - %D
3. Separate long running reports from others, so the Bind tasks that can complete quickly do and the long-running task is separate.
4. 360Bind testing logs consume a lot of space, it is advisable to allocate space to the location where the 360Bind path is defined before starting this exercise to the server. If this is in the Tomcat server it might slow down the existing environment, resulting in the SAP early watch reports reporting critical states.
5. Conduct Data testing first and if it is successful, then test the rest of the options. This will save a lot of time. Make sure you are comparing the thing you are concerned about; Data, Structure, Images, etc.
These are the options you can select to compare:
360eyes, best, practice, practices, execute, job
Product or Product version
- 360Bind Legacy
- English US
- English UK
Last updated about 2 years ago